Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crostini with Gorgonzola, Honey and Walnuts

I'm an appetizer kind of girl and self proclaimed cheese addict, so it's no wonder that I love this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis. It's simple to make and tastes great!















Ingredients
2 tbsp olive oil
24 1/3 inch thick baguette slices
6 oz gorgonzola, crumbled
2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
3 tbsp honey

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375. Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly brush the slices with olive oil. Toast until golden, about 8 minutes. Toss the gorgonzola and walnuts in a bowl. Spoon the mixture onto the slices and press to adhere. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, about 8 minutes. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. MMM... this reminds me of my Crostini with Roasted Garlic, Goat Cheese, and Apple Chutney... so freaking good.

    Maybe I'll change it up next time and do this :)

    ReplyDelete