Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chili
















I make my chili a bit different than "normal" chili. I don't like beans of any sort nor do I like chunks of tomatoes, both of which are found in many chili recipes. I do love spicy chili though, so I season this up with jalapenos and cayenne pepper. I found this recipe on The Food Network and have tweaked it to my liking. This can be made on the stove, but I typically throw everything into the crockpot.

Ingredients
1 1/4lbs lean ground beef
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp sugar
2tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1tbsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 clove garlic, minced
2 jalapenos, chopped
38oz tomato sauce
1 14oz Mexican style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers and spices.
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream

Directions
Cook beef in a skillet over medium high heat about five minutes until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Remove from heat. Add meat to crockpot along with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on low for four to five hours. Serve and top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment