Friday, January 1, 2010

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite seafood dishes and this recipe is super tasty. I served this as an appetizer but it can also go well over pasta. I omitted the wine (I don't like foods cooked in wine, which is odd since I love to drink it!) and the parsley since I was out of it and it turned out great. I found this recipe on my favorite cooking site, The Food Network.















Ingredients
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 large shallot, diced
5 cloves garlic, sliced
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt
Pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves

Directions
In a large skillet melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes until the shallots are translucent, about 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan. Seat aside and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment