Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mmmmm Meatloaf

I took a ten plus year hiatus from eating any sort of beef, but that all changed once I started cooking for someone other than myself. Since I missed out on beef all those years I have some catching up to do!

My husband loves meatloaf and requests it often. I usually stick to a more normal recipe but decided to try this one out on a whim, compliments of Paula Deen. As you can tell from the ingredients, it's basically a cheeseburger in loaf shape :) While it was tasty, I will probably only make it every once in a while. It was a bit too greasy for my taste, plus I love my original recipe (which I will have to post)! However, it was nice to switch the meal up a bit.


Ingredients

1 pound ground chuck
10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 ounces of sharp Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions (optional)

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl (or stand mixer), combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well. Stir ketchup into meat mixture. Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment