Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hummus




















I love hummus. It's the perfect appetizer and is always a crowd pleaser. Since I eat so much of it, I figured that I should start making it myself. The recipe is very easy and the results are just what you would find in a grocery store.

Ingredients
2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
1/3 cup tahini (this is a sesame paste; it is found at Whole Food in the peanut butter section)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch paprika (optional)
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (optional)

Directions
Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment