Monday, October 4, 2010

Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats

I am now officially on leave from work until February. My house is spotless, I dont' have a baby yet to care for (you can come out whenever Parker, just saying...), and there is absolutely nothing on daytime TV, so I'm back to the cooking blog :) I bought some canned pumpkin the other day to make pumpkin rolls and the leftover pumpkin needed to be put to good use. Sydney devoured these treats, but she eats just about anything ;)

Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
1 cup canned pumpkin
4 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 eggs

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Add water as needed to make dough workable, but the dough should remain somewhat stiff. Roll into 1/2 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes.

Sydney patiently waiting for the delicious treat














Sydney devouring the treat














Had to put my Ohio State cookie cutters to good use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment